Spark Guide Sections:
What are the recommended Micro SD cards for the Spark?
Sandisk 16 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 16 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung 16GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 32GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 64GB UHS-I Micro SDXC
Can I capture photos or record video without a Micro SD card?
Yes, you can. The aircraft will store photos and videos on your mobile device. In this instance, the images captured are actually from the live stream with a photo resolution of 1024×768 and video resolution of 1280×720.
What is the maximum distance and speed at which the Spark can sense obstacles?
Spark will automatically avoid obstacles up to 16 ft (5 m) in front of it. The maximum speed at which Spark is able to sense obstacles is 3 m/s.
How do I update the remote controller’s firmware?
The remote controller firmware can be updated in DJI GO 4.
How long does it take to fully charge the remote controller? How long is the battery life?
It takes two hours to fully charge the remote controller for up to three hours of operation.
How do I link Spark to the remote controller?
Press the Pause, Fn, and C1 buttons at the same time. Once the controller starts beeping, release these buttons. With Spark powered on, press and hold the battery power button. When you hear Spark beep, release this button. Linking is now complete.
What Wi-Fi frequencies does the remote controller support?
The remote controller supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz dual‑band Wi‑Fi frequencies.
What are the dimensions of the remote controller?
The remote controller is approximately 15 cm long, 8 cm high, and 6 cm thick.
- Do I have to remove the propellers when storing or transporting Spark?
No. Just fold the propellers.
What happens if the propellers are not fully unfolded before flight?
Once the rotors start spinning, centrifugal force will automatically unfold the propellers into the correct position.
What wind speeds can Spark resist?
Spark can withstand wind speeds between 19‑24 mph (29‑38 kph).
What’s the resolution of the Spark’s video transmission?
720p 30 fps.
What’s the latency of the Spark’s video transmission?
The video transmission latency to your mobile device is about 200 ms. It is subject to the performance of your mobile device and signal interference.
What is Spark’s effective transmission range?
- When connected to a remote controller:
2.4 GHz FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m); SRRC: 0.3 mi (500 m) (unobstructed and free of interference)
5.8 GHz FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m); SRRC: 0.7 mi (1.2 km) (unobstructed and free of interference)
- When connected directly to a mobile device:
A max height of 50 m and distance of 100 m.
Can frequency bands be manually adjusted during video transmission?
Yes. Users can manually choose between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz or let DJI GO 4 choose a frequency band automatically.
Where can I check the aircraft Wi-Fi’s username and password?
There are three places where you can check this information:
- The battery compartment on the aircraft (only the default Wi-Fi username and password can be found here);
- The Settings option in DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4;
- The foam outer box (only the default Wi-Fi username and password can be found here).
1.How long does it take to fully charge a battery?
When using a standard USB charger, it takes 80 minutes to fully charge a battery.
When using a Charging Hub, it takes 52 minutes to fully charge one battery, 55 minutes when charging two batteries and 85.2 minutes when charging three batteries at the same time.
2. How often should I fully charge my Spark batteries?
It is recommended to fully charge Spark batteries at least once every three months.
3.When does a battery enter Hibernation Mode?
When a battery is less than 10% charged, it will enter Hibernation Mode after approximately six hours of nonuse.
When a battery is completely drained, it will enter Hibernation Mode within 10 minutes of turning off.
4. What functions can the power button perform?
- Turning the battery on and off: Press the power button once, and then press again and hold it down for at least two seconds to turn the battery on or off.
- Checking the current battery level: Press the power button once to check the current battery level.Linking Spark and the remote controller: Hold down on Spark’s power button for three seconds, and release on hearing a beep. Spark’s front indicators will start to flash in red, signifying Spark and the remote controller have been linked.
- Delinking Spark and the remote controller: In order to use your mobile device to control Spark, you will need to delink the aircraft and remote controller. Power on Spark, and hold down on Spark’s power button for six seconds until you hear it beep twice. Now Spark and the remote controller have successfully been delinked and you can search for Spark’s Wi-Fi on your mobile device.
- Resetting Spark’s Wi-Fi username and password: Hold down on the power button for nine seconds, and release after hearing it beep three times. Your Wi-Fi settings will be reset to the factory default.
- PalmLaunch: Power on Spark and place it on your palm with the camera facing you. Make sure your fingers are lower than Spark’s arms. Press the power button twice when the flight indicators start to flash green. The indicators will change to a slowly flashing yellow, and FaceAware will begin to recognize your face. The front indicators will turn to green if detection is successful, and PalmLaunch will be activated. If not, the indicators will flash red.
5. What can I do with the two USB ports on the Charging Hub?
You can charge two mobile devices or your Spark.
If there is anything that this FAQ doesn’t answer, please contact us at:
You might be also interested in: